Afternoon pick up ran a bit faster today than yesterday- thank you for your patience and assistance. A special thank you to all of the parents who have reached out to us with their support and positive words as we consistently work to improve the pick up line. Remember- it always takes a few days to get the pick up line smoothed out at the beginning of school. Thank you for working with us and supporting us!
In order to expedite afternoon pick up even more and make sure everyone leaves the campus safely, please remember the following:
• Please have your pick-up placard facing up so it is easy for someone on the sidewalk to see it. Hanging it in the rearview mirror is a huge help! Please make sure that names and grades are written in large, easy to read letters.
• When at the pick-up circle, please make sure your vehicle stays as far to the right (next to the sidewalk) as possible. Pulling up in the middle blocks other drivers who have their students from exiting and slows down the process.
• Please help us reinforce with students that the waiting area is a Level Zero area (no talking). Students should be quiet during dismissal so they are able to hear when they are being called. If you can reinforce our policy with your students, it will help expedite dismissal.
• Please do not exit your vehicle at all when picking up students- students should be able to quickly board the vehicle on the right side of the vehicle, from the sidewalk, without the driver having to get out of the car.
• Please do not forget that the pick up area does not open until 2:20p.m. (12:20 on Wednesdays) due to students being at recess. Safety is our priority!
Following these processes will further assist us in streamlining the afternoon pick up process. Thank you for all of your support!
Check here for updates regarding the school or our student achievements