PARENT PARKING AND PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC
The parking lot is becoming increasingly dangerous due to distracted drivers, speedy drivers, and parents parking and walking in new areas. Our number one goal is always to keep the safety of everyone on campus in mind.
Parents- we need your assistance keeping everyone safe.
In order to keep the parking lot safe for your children, you, and our staff safe, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Please only park only in the center parking lot, not along the entrance of the school. There have been several close calls this past week with cars backing up and oncoming traffic.
2. Pedestrians should only cross at the assigned crosswalk. We will now be placing a crosswalk sign at this location. The crosswalk is in front of the covered walkway (see picture below- yellow arrow)
3. Please do not cross until a staff member crosses you.
4. Please do not speed while on campus- slow down and look at your surroundings
5. Be alert while driving- please do not talk on your cell phone or be looking around the car
By working together, we can keep everyone safe and sound. Thank you for your help with this!
Parents- please help us keep everyone safe. Please drive carefully through our parking lots in the morning and in the afternoon. We have had 3 separate instances of SJCA staff almost being struck by speeding vehicles. Please slow down and do not be on cell phones while in the parking lot- your assistance in keeping everyone safe is appreciated.
As we continue to improve pick up and drop off, we need your help:
-Please stay in your vehicles at all times- drivers should not be getting out of the vehicle to open doors, greet students, etc...
-Please make plans for your vehicle for students to enter and exit on the right side of the vehicle. It is not safe for students to be exiting on the left and walking around moving cars
-Please train your children to exit and enter the vehicle quickly...conversations and lingering will hold up the entire traffic line
-Please make your placards clearly visible- hanging them up helps a great deal. If they are lying down and we have to get to your windshield, it slows down the line
Please abide by our pick up line up time- no earlier than 12:20 on Wednesdays and 2:20 all other days.
This is for student and staff safety- we use the outdoor areas up to that time and do not want any accidents.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Check here for updates regarding the school or our student achievements